K Troop, 1st United States Volunteer Cavalry
Goals of the Organization
is the primary goal of K troop, 1st U.S.V. (Rough Riders) to authentically
portray the late 1890's-early 1900's United States Military History, including
the Spanish-American War, for the education of its members and the interested
public. This will be accomplished by:
1. Holding events that are instructive, active, and challenging by
concentrating on a single theme that is within the context of the event
2. Provide a newsletter as a means of communication for persons and
organizations interested in that time period.
3. Provide information on equipment and weapons of the period and
help develop new sources for those items.
4. Encourage education of interested parties of the maturing and
growth of the United States in that time period.
5. Encourage and support the coordination of any activities from
other organizations that are instructive of that time period.
6. Encourage shooting sports that support the late 1800's-early 1900's
To visit the website bibliography,
here. To visit the website video bibliography, click
this Site by Visiting the Website Store! (help
us defray costs!)
We are providing the following
service for our readers. If you are interested in books, videos, CD's etc.
related to the Spanish American War, simply type in "Spanish American War"
(or whatever you are interested in) as the keyword and click on "go" to
get a list of titles available through Amazon.com.
Visit Main Page
for copyright data
Return to Main Page
Return to the Troop K Page